SCHOLARSHIPS & FINANCIAL AWARD
A scholarship is a type of financial aid awarded to students to support them financially. These can be awarded on a different basis but most commonly on the basis of academic merit or need based for financial aid to cover tuition fees etc.
The applications for the Scholarships and financial award will be submitted to financial aid office of the institute on prescribed application form (with all supporting documents).
The GNIES Scholarships and Financial Award Committee will approve the applications after conducting interviews and assessment of supporting documents or evidence submitted by the applicant along with the application form. The financial aid office will prepare a list of applicants who have been successful and granted award or assistance for onward dispatch to the office of the Treasurer, GNIES for record and further process.
- Merit Based Scholarship
Eligibility Criteria: (Applicable on New Admissions only)
- Position holders (1st, 2nd, 3rd) of board or Universities (HEC recognized public or semi-govt. university).
- The scholarship also be awarded to the student securing first position or gold medal in BS program for the study in MS program.
- Only fresh candidates are eligible to apply.
- Applicable during the semester
- Position holders of each semester could avail the scholarship.
- (The students having GPA less than 3 or having the status of with drawl, incomplete, repeated, probation and freez are ineligible).
- 50% on tuition fee (the fee waiver will be applicable throughout the study in the university)
- First position (Rs. 5,000)
- Second position (Rs. 3,000)
- Third position (Rs. 2,000)
- Need Based Scholarship
- For All Applicable candidates
- Having Death certificate of father/mother issued by NADRA
- 100% on Tuition fee
- NEEDY STUDENTS
- 05 percent of enrolled students from each department
- GPA in previous semester 2.5
- Having total family monthly income less than 30,000
- 60% on Tuition fee.
GNIES Employees Scholarship
Scholarship for GNIES Employees, their Children and Spouse
For currently serving employees with at least one year of service in the university.
60% on Tuition fee.
OTHER SCHOLARSHIP CATEGORIES
- Bait-Ul-Mal Financial Scholarship
- Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship
This is the largest ever need cum merit based undergraduate scholarship program in the history of Pakistan. Under this program, every year, 50,000 students from low-income families are awarded scholarships for 4 to 5-year undergraduate degree programs. Scholarship covers 100% of the tuition fee and a monthly living stipend. The geographical spread of the program covers all four provinces, AJK, GB and Islamabad. Students can apply for the scholarship on an online portal: https://ehsaas.hec.gov.pk
- HEC Need Based Scholarships
- PEEF Scholarship
- MORA Scholarships
Applications for the award of Mora Scholarship are invited from the eligible Muslim students who have passed their F.A/F.Sc/B.A/B.Sc/M.A/M.Sc examination year 2021-22 and are studying in this institution in Bachelor/Master/MS/M.Phil Program can apply on prescribed form. (Fresh and current semester students can apply). The attested Photocopies of the following documents must be attached with Application form:
- Parents/Guardian CNIC
- Applicant’s CNIC or Form-B
- Educational Certificates
- Last semester fee voucher
- LZ-19 copy attested by Chairman Zakat Committee
- Students studying on self finance/private are not eligible for educational assistance. Cases of such students will not be forwarded to Mora Office.
- University/Institute authorities will ensure that student’s Father/Mother/Guardian is NOT GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE.
- Student is not receiving financial assistance from any other government/non government department/institution.
- JAICA Scholarships
Japan provides Grant-Aid for The Project for Human Resource Development Scholarship to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan for Fiscal Year 2022. Islamabad; June 28, 2022: The Government of Japan today announced grant aid worth 313 million Japanese Yen (around 2.4 million USD) for the Human Resource Development Scholarship (JDS) program in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
Mr. ISHII Kensuke, Charge d’ Affaires ad interim of Japan to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and Mr. Mian Asad Hayaud Din, Secretary of Ministry of Economic Affairs, have signed the Exchange of Notes (E/N) on this program. The Grant Agreement (G/A) for the aforementioned program was also signed between Mr. Adil Akbar Khan, Joint Secretary of Ministry of Economic Affairs and Mr. KINOSHITA Yasumitsu, Chief Representative of Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) Pakistan Office.
JDS is designed to support social and economic development of the country by providing government officials to obtain Master’s or Doctoral degree in Japan in order to strengthen the administrative capacity of officials. The participants of JDS program who are involved in formulation and implementation of policies are expected to learn in partner universities in Japan and acquire knowledge of their specialties as well as the know-hows of how Japan became a country as it is today. As JDS in Pakistan started from 2018 and has four batches in four consecutive years, the first phase concluded this year. This occasion celebrates the signing of the very first batch of the second phase of this program. For this batch, the maximum number of the slots for JDS participants in Pakistan is 17 seats for the Master’s degree and one seat for the Doctoral degree.
Mr. KINOSHITA while speaking at the event said “It is worth stating that Japan and Pakistan are celebrating 70 years of anniversary this year. We hope that JDS fellows as well as those 7,000 JICA training participants supported under Technical Cooperation Program will build broader human networks that will benefit both Pakistan and Japan in the long run. “
Mr. ISHII highlighted that “JDS scholarship is expected to contribute to strengthening the administrative capacities of government of Pakistan by providing the talented government officials with the opportunity to obtain the Master and Doctor of Philosophy degree, so that they can effectively lead the social and economic development of Pakistan. I hope this project would further contribute to strengthening the friendship between the two countries.”
- PEEF Scholarships
The PEEF is a proactive scholarship scheme which provides Scholarships at the doorstep of needy and talented students of Punjab and other provinces, AJ&K, FATA, Gilgit Baltistan and Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT).
- PEEF – FCDO Scholarships
PEEF and FCDO (DFO|ID) have collaborated to provide Intermediate level scholarships to girls students through public & private sector institutions / colleges and Graduation level scholarships to needy and talented students of Punjab through Centers of Excellence (CsOE).
- CMMS Scholarships
The PEEF is providing fully funded Ph.D scholarships to students of Punjab and other federating units who acquire admission in Top 50 (QS ranked subject wise) universities of the world.
- HR & MA Scholarships
The Human Rights and Minorities Affairs (HR&MA) Department, Govt. of the Punjab has signed a five (5) year project worth Rs. 125 Million with PEEF to award scholarships to minority students of Punjab.
- AJK Scholarships
The PEEF – AJK scholarship program aims to support needy & talented students of AJ&K to pursue Intermediate, Graduation and Master’s level degree courses
- Rehamtul-lil-Alameen Scholarship Program
Rehamtul-lil-Alameen Scholarship Program (RASP) is the initiative of Higher Education Department Government of the Punjab.