In this competitive world, Quality and Relevance are identified as the key components of the educational and research progress of any Higher Education Institution across the world. Ultimately they have become an essential part of the strategic planning of HEIs at Pakistan as well. To meet this end, Higher Education Commission has also established high standards of quality with respect to the criteria of offered degree programs, faculty development, governance and management, physical and technological infrastructure development, leading to excellence in learning and research at higher education institutions. Quality Enhancement Cell is specifically deputed with the task of the effective implementation and cultivation of a quality culture at par with the standard metrics established by the national governing bodies. In addition to this, QEC strives to create conditions which are significant to meet international standards of quality mechanism to get acknowledged by Ranking Agencies at global level. And here lies the real worth of QEC, i.e. achieving new milestones and setting new targets to attain by adhering to a quality process which is continuously evolving and constantly progressing forward to a brighter future of the main stakeholders (students). QEC, at GNIES is fully sensitized to its obligations to the institution and society at large. It is striving hard to materialize the targeted objectives by taking stringent measures for the maintenance of internal and external quality mechanism. It is also performing an instrumental role in the effective implementation of the Vision and Mission of the institution.
Office No. 064-2689005, +92-337-6111675
Quality Enhancement Cell is focused to position Ghazi National Institute of Engineering and Sciences Dera Ghazi khan among the top-ranking institutions of the world through best teaching practices, research opportunities and maintenance of an effective internal and external quality mechanism.
To enhance, maintain and monitor the quality of higher education in the university.
Functions of QEC
As per guidelines of Quality Assurance Agency (QAA), QEC at the universities is responsible:
- For promoting public confidence that the quality and standards of degrees awarded at Ghazi National Institute of Engineering and Sciences Dera Ghazi khan are enhanced and safeguarded.
- To review the quality and standards of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- To review the academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
- To define clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the reviews to be carried out. It should also help the to meet the expectations of the employers regarding attributes and abilities from the degree holders i.e. Bachelors, Bachelor with Honors, Master’s, and Doctoral.
- To develop program specifications, which are standard set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
- To develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
- To ensure that the university’s quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.
- To coordinate with Quality Assurance Agency of HEC for guidance and help on all matters related to Quality Assurance.
- Capacity building of its team through HEC training programs.
- To develop procedures for the following:
- Approval of new programs
- Annual monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, faculty monitoring, and student’s perception.
- Departmental review
- Student feedback
- Feedback from employers of the alumni
- Quality assurance of Masters, M.Phil. and Ph.D. degree programs
- Subject review
- Institutional assessment
- Program specifications